Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Sign Up

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 pm 

Posts: 376
Thanked: 140 times
I know it has already been implemented that there is a requirement before people who sign up here can make a signature, but that is not stopping spam. I already saw 3 spam posts today, and I have been here for 4 hours. Something has to be done.

I thought of one solution already: Minimum level (suggestion 4) before being able to post. That would be too much work if you were here to spam only, but not something hard to achieve in case you were an active member. Those who agree with me, please hit the thank button. Those who do not or have any other suggestions, I would be really pleased if you could reply to this topic.
We must fight!! For Liwkid Games!!!


Also, for the sake of the topic....someone please remind me how to create a poll. I have done it before, but I can`t find it anymore.

_________________
Well hello there! Have a nice day! :D If you have anything nice to say, please post it on my profile, I will be glad to read :P You can also PM me. I'm friendly!! (95% of the times... the other times I just bite people, you know)


Last edited by gabrielok on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author gabrielok has received thanks from:
Lizardo, Sokki, Vinninsv


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm 

Posts: 165
Thanked: 139 times
I totally agree, spammers are everywhere on internet,everywhere!

But the minimum level should be a little higher, getting to lvl 4 would be too easy, you could get to it in 3 days or less, it should be lvl 5, it's not too much experience needed (138) and not that little.

_________________
Don't hear the other's bad comments about you, they don't matter, only hear good comments, they inspire you to do something better than before!!


For this message the author Vinninsv has received thanks from:
gabrielok, Lizardo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:14 pm 
Moderator

Posts: 426
Thanked: 197 times
I'm against spammers as well! I hate seeing no avatar dudeds that share their autoparts or other rubbish in theri signs or even when they comment some generic replies where they advertise their sites or things..
I suggested for limiting the numbers of post (or maybe level) for the user to be able to have a sign.

And I can help you Gabrielok how to make a pool, near your house I mean :D As for poll you can check out the bottom of the page (when you edit/advance your topic) :)

_________________
HEllO World!


For this message the author Sokki has received thanks from:
gabrielok, Lizardo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:22 pm 

Posts: 376
Thanked: 140 times
Sokki wrote:
I'm against spammers as well! I hate seeing no avatar dudeds that share their autoparts or other rubbish in theri signs or even when they comment some generic replies where they advertise their sites or things..
I suggested for limiting the numbers of post (or maybe level) for the user to be able to have a sign.

And I can help you Gabrielok how to make a pool, near your house I mean :D As for poll you can check out the bottom of the page (when you edit/advance your topic) :)


Well Sokki, thanks for the support. But I wouldn`t recommend a post cap, because in most situations what we see is many different accounts making one post. And the signature, hate to be blunt, but didn`t solve a lot (in my opinion).

About the poll...where exactly under the edit/advance do you mean? I checked it three times already and no clue..

_________________
Well hello there! Have a nice day! :D If you have anything nice to say, please post it on my profile, I will be glad to read :P You can also PM me. I'm friendly!! (95% of the times... the other times I just bite people, you know)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:33 pm 

Posts: 529
Thanked: 170 times
Regarding the poll, I believe only moderators and Likwid can add those (not entirely sure though), I tried adding a poll once too, but failed. Only the older threads seem to feature polls (correct me if I'm mistaken).

@topic, with such a high level requirement for the forums, wouldn't we be playing with Likwid's site traffic? When looking around, the MAJOR part of spammers is below level 3 (many are just level 1) ... I think the minimum level should be around 3.

After all, no one would level up in order to spam on the forums ...

Now let me see how to add a poll!

_________________
.
.

-> Castaway Island TD Discussion | -> Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread

Image Image Image


Last edited by Quicksmasher on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:36 pm 

Posts: 376
Thanked: 140 times
Quicksmasher wrote:
Regarding the poll, I believe only moderators and Likwid can add those (not entirely sure though), I tried adding a poll once too, but failed. Only the older threads seem to feature polls (correct me if I'm mistaken).

@topic, with such a high level requirement for the forums, wouldn't we be playing with Likwid's site traffic? When looking around, the MAJOR part of spammers is below level 3 (many are just level 1) ... I think the minimum level should be around 3.

After all, no one would level up in order to spam on the forums ...

Now let me see how to add a poll!


About the poll, that has to be it. Long ago I did one without any difficulties, but now I just can`t spot it.

_________________
Well hello there! Have a nice day! :D If you have anything nice to say, please post it on my profile, I will be glad to read :P You can also PM me. I'm friendly!! (95% of the times... the other times I just bite people, you know)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:39 pm 

Posts: 529
Thanked: 170 times
Both wrong. We all can add polls, however members are limited to keep polls in the general forums.

If you start a new thread in General, there is a poll option - in these forums, however, there ain't one.

_________________
.
.

-> Castaway Island TD Discussion | -> Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread

Image Image Image


For this message the author Quicksmasher has received thanks from:
gabrielok, Sokki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:30 pm 

Posts: 87
Thanked: 11 times
PoisonMaster advertises mine craft

_________________
Spoiler:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 pm 

Posts: 529
Thanked: 170 times
Lizardo wrote:
PoisonMaster advertises mine craft


And is overusing the color green :mr_green:

_________________
.
.

-> Castaway Island TD Discussion | -> Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread

Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 pm 

Posts: 16
Thanked: 5 times
gabrielok wrote:
I know it has already been implemented that there is a requirement before people who sign up here can make a signature, but that is not stopping spam. I already saw 3 spam posts today, and I have been here for 4 hours. Something has to be done.

I thought of one solution already: Minimum level (suggestion 4) before being able to post. That would be too much work if you were here to spam only, but not something hard to achieve in case you were an active member. Those who agree with me, please hit the thank button. Those who do not or have any other suggestions, I would be really pleased if you could reply to this topic.
We must fight!! For Liwkid Games!!!


Also, for the sake of the topic....someone please remind me how to create a poll. I have done it before, but I can`t find it anymore.



Although I agree that spam is a definite problem on any reputable game site, you can't expect spammers to simply "follow the rules" and wait until a certain level before posting in the forums. The people who would be willing to follow the rules would be the ones that are punished. On an unrelated note, I've also seen posts suggesting that people under level 10 shouldn't be allowed to have a signature, which I also don't believe will solve anything. What I do agree with is that creating too many restrictions will affect the site traffic and in all honesty (from the short time I've been here), this site does not seem as active as it could be.

If Likwid believes that disabling signatures will help fight spam then I'm sure he would have locked the signature ability for anyone below a particular level long ago. My suggestion would be, if not already in use, to lock the account of anyone who is caught spamming for a period of time. If they come back and continue spamming, ban them. :thumbs_up:

_________________
"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away" ~


For this message the author heidimo has received thanks from:
Thing11th


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: