Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 pm 

I know it has already been implemented that there is a requirement before people who sign up here can make a signature, but that is not stopping spam. I already saw 3 spam posts today, and I have been here for 4 hours. Something has to be done.

I thought of one solution already: Minimum level (suggestion 4) before being able to post. That would be too much work if you were here to spam only, but not something hard to achieve in case you were an active member. Those who agree with me, please hit the thank button. Those who do not or have any other suggestions, I would be really pleased if you could reply to this topic.
We must fight!! For Liwkid Games!!!

Also, for the sake of the topic....someone please remind me how to create a poll. I have done it before, but I can`t find it anymore.

Well hello there! Have a nice day! :D If you have anything nice to say, please post it on my profile, I will be glad to read :P You can also PM me. I'm friendly!! (95% of the times... the other times I just bite people, you know)

Last edited by gabrielok on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author gabrielok has received thanks from:
Lizardo, Sokki, Vinninsv

Post subject: Re: Against Spammers!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm 

I totally agree, spammers are everywhere on internet,everywhere!

But the minimum level should be a little higher, getting to lvl 4 would be too easy, you could get to it in 3 days or less, it should be lvl 5, it's not too much experience needed (138) and not that little.

For this message the author Vinninsv has received thanks from:
gabrielok, Lizardo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:14 pm 

I'm against spammers as well! I hate seeing no avatar dudeds that share their autoparts or other rubbish in theri signs or even when they comment some generic replies where they advertise their sites or things..
I suggested for limiting the numbers of post (or maybe level) for the user to be able to have a sign.

And I can help you Gabrielok how to make a pool, near your house I mean :D As for poll you can check out the bottom of the page (when you edit/advance your topic) :)

For this message the author Sokki has received thanks from:
gabrielok, Lizardo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:22 pm 

Sokki wrote:
I'm against spammers as well! I hate seeing no avatar dudeds that share their autoparts or other rubbish in theri signs or even when they comment some generic replies where they advertise their sites or things..
I suggested for limiting the numbers of post (or maybe level) for the user to be able to have a sign.

And I can help you Gabrielok how to make a pool, near your house I mean :D As for poll you can check out the bottom of the page (when you edit/advance your topic) :)

Well Sokki, thanks for the support. But I wouldn`t recommend a post cap, because in most situations what we see is many different accounts making one post. And the signature, hate to be blunt, but didn`t solve a lot (in my opinion).

About the poll...where exactly under the edit/advance do you mean? I checked it three times already and no clue..

Well hello there! Have a nice day! :D If you have anything nice to say, please post it on my profile, I will be glad to read :P You can also PM me. I'm friendly!! (95% of the times... the other times I just bite people, you know)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:33 pm 

Regarding the poll, I believe only moderators and Likwid can add those (not entirely sure though), I tried adding a poll once too, but failed. Only the older threads seem to feature polls (correct me if I'm mistaken).

@topic, with such a high level requirement for the forums, wouldn't we be playing with Likwid's site traffic? When looking around, the MAJOR part of spammers is below level 3 (many are just level 1) ... I think the minimum level should be around 3.

After all, no one would level up in order to spam on the forums ...

Now let me see how to add a poll!

-> Castaway Island TD Discussion | -> Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread

Image Image Image

Last edited by Quicksmasher on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:36 pm 

Quicksmasher wrote:
Regarding the poll, I believe only moderators and Likwid can add those (not entirely sure though), I tried adding a poll once too, but failed. Only the older threads seem to feature polls (correct me if I'm mistaken).

@topic, with such a high level requirement for the forums, wouldn't we be playing with Likwid's site traffic? When looking around, the MAJOR part of spammers is below level 3 (many are just level 1) ... I think the minimum level should be around 3.

After all, no one would level up in order to spam on the forums ...

Now let me see how to add a poll!

About the poll, that has to be it. Long ago I did one without any difficulties, but now I just can`t spot it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:39 pm 

Both wrong. We all can add polls, however members are limited to keep polls in the general forums.

If you start a new thread in General, there is a poll option - in these forums, however, there ain't one.

Image Image Image

For this message the author Quicksmasher has received thanks from:
gabrielok, Sokki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:30 pm 

PoisonMaster advertises mine craft

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 pm 

Lizardo wrote:
PoisonMaster advertises mine craft

And is overusing the color green :mr_green:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 pm 

gabrielok wrote:
I know it has already been implemented that there is a requirement before people who sign up here can make a signature, but that is not stopping spam. I already saw 3 spam posts today, and I have been here for 4 hours. Something has to be done.

I thought of one solution already: Minimum level (suggestion 4) before being able to post. That would be too much work if you were here to spam only, but not something hard to achieve in case you were an active member. Those who agree with me, please hit the thank button. Those who do not or have any other suggestions, I would be really pleased if you could reply to this topic.
We must fight!! For Liwkid Games!!!

Also, for the sake of the topic....someone please remind me how to create a poll. I have done it before, but I can`t find it anymore.

Although I agree that spam is a definite problem on any reputable game site, you can't expect spammers to simply "follow the rules" and wait until a certain level before posting in the forums. The people who would be willing to follow the rules would be the ones that are punished. On an unrelated note, I've also seen posts suggesting that people under level 10 shouldn't be allowed to have a signature, which I also don't believe will solve anything. What I do agree with is that creating too many restrictions will affect the site traffic and in all honesty (from the short time I've been here), this site does not seem as active as it could be.

If Likwid believes that disabling signatures will help fight spam then I'm sure he would have locked the signature ability for anyone below a particular level long ago. My suggestion would be, if not already in use, to lock the account of anyone who is caught spamming for a period of time. If they come back and continue spamming, ban them. :thumbs_up:

For this message the author heidimo has received thanks from:
Thing11th

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next