Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 5 of 11   [ 107 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Castaway 2 Updates
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:18 am 

I have an odd glitch type thing going on... basically in my items inventory i have an empty space after on of my eggs. i can't get rid of it and on google chrome i wasn't actually able to see anything after it. I only found out that there was this empty space by trying to play the game in firefox. I wouldn't really think it was a problem, but now for some reason I can't put eggs into the stable. i tried disposing the egg next to it, but that didn't work. the only way i managed to get rid of it is kept deleting anything next to it until it got to the end of row and deleted the item on the right of it and it somehow disappeared. and then i was able to go to the stable. the weird thing is, in the beginning the row looked something like this:
baby loombi egg, field snake egg, baby eye guy egg, empty, field snake.

and there were some other things after that, but those weren't too important. but anyway, after disposing everything until only the field snake on the right remained (which also happened strangely, cause even when i wanted to delete that egg it would just delete another one). so then i went to the stable to put the egg in, but i couldn't put in the field egg i had left.

I have no idea how this happened. and for all i know, it's a crazy accident. but just thought i should let you guys know.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:14 am 
Site Admin

PixelKiller wrote:
sucks that you cant sell eggs... but yea, i kinda figured the value of 1 for weight was the lowest, however just trying to be logical here, so uhh... yea... also, iv found another bug, in this case it isnt a major bug like i just listed

im currently doing a quest, in which where you have to kill 25 snakes to complete, and i was wondering why i didnt complete the quest by now, and then i checked my quests, and it showed 126% done, in the "trim their numbers" quest

Refresh and make sure you're using v1.165. This version fixes the problem.

gerahe wrote:
I have an odd glitch type thing going on... basically in my items inventory i have an empty space after on of my eggs. i can't get rid of it and on google chrome i wasn't actually able to see anything after it. I only found out that there was this empty space by trying to play the game in firefox. I wouldn't really think it was a problem, but now for some reason I can't put eggs into the stable. i tried disposing the egg next to it, but that didn't work. the only way i managed to get rid of it is kept deleting anything next to it until it got to the end of row and deleted the item on the right of it and it somehow disappeared. and then i was able to go to the stable. the weird thing is, in the beginning the row looked something like this:

and there were some other things after that, but those weren't too important. but anyway, after disposing everything until only the field snake on the right remained (which also happened strangely, cause even when i wanted to delete that egg it would just delete another one). so then i went to the stable to put the egg in, but i couldn't put in the field egg i had left.

I have no idea how this happened. and for all i know, it's a crazy accident. but just thought i should let you guys know.

Which version of the game are you playing? (version number is on the bottom right of the preloader and title screen)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:24 am 

likwid wrote:
PixelKiller wrote:
sucks that you cant sell eggs... but yea, i kinda figured the value of 1 for weight was the lowest, however just trying to be logical here, so uhh... yea... also, iv found another bug, in this case it isnt a major bug like i just listed

im currently doing a quest, in which where you have to kill 25 snakes to complete, and i was wondering why i didnt complete the quest by now, and then i checked my quests, and it showed 126% done, in the "trim their numbers" quest

Refresh and make sure you're using v1.165. This version fixes the problem.

gerahe wrote:

Which version of the game are you playing? (version number is on the bottom right of the preloader and title screen)

yea.... i restarted my browser for an update, came back to castaway 2, and my files were deleted again.... when will armor games fix their servers...

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:31 am 
Site Admin

PixelKiller wrote:
yea.... i restarted my browser for an update, came back to castaway 2, and my files were deleted again.... when will armor games fix their servers...

Reload the game and don't sign into your armor games account. Press Continue and your saves should be there (saved locally). Note that playing this way will not save globally, so you will only be able to access your local saves from this site (which isn't a bad thing :P)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:37 am 

one problem, i wasnt signed into my armorgames account when i played castaway 2... both times, when my files were deleted...

first time it deleted my files was around the time in which you updated the game to V1.14

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:52 am 
Site Admin

PixelKiller wrote:
one problem, i wasnt signed into my armorgames account when i played castaway 2... both times, when my files were deleted...

first time it deleted my files was around the time in which you updated the game to V1.14

The global save wasn't fixed until v1.15 I believe. Do your save files not show up at all, or they just don't load when you click them?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:56 am 

likwid wrote:
PixelKiller wrote:

The global save wasn't fixed until v1.15 I believe. Do your save files not show up at all, or they just don't load when you click them?

they dont show up at all, my first set of saved files were gone at around v1.14 was released, and just today, right after v1.16 was released, i played the game once more, then i had an update for my browser, came back, and my files were gone.... and as i have already said, i wasnt logged into my armorgames account...

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:00 am 
Site Admin

PixelKiller wrote:
likwid wrote:
PixelKiller wrote:

they dont show up at all, my first set of saved files were gone at around v1.14 was released, and just today, right after v1.16 was released, i played the game once more, then i had an update for my browser, came back, and my files were gone.... and as i have already said, i wasnt logged into my armorgames account...

A browser update would cause this since local saved games are saved based on site/browser. Sorry about your luck.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:33 am 

meh, my luck has been against me for a while, but that doesnt explain how the files got erased the first time, since nothing unexpected happened.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

PixelKiller wrote:
meh, my luck has been against me for a while, but that doesnt explain how the files got erased the first time, since nothing unexpected happened.

Were you using your Armor Games account the first time? Local save has 0 issues reported, so if that's the case you may want to look into the amount of space you are allowing flash for save game storage (google it).

Post a reply Page 5 of 11   [ 107 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next